Content warning: This episode discusses domestic abuse and intimate partner violence. If you are in an abusive relationship, please proceed with care and see our Listener Resources below.
This week, Andrew + Kirsten take a look at the sad story of up-and-coming ingenue Dorothy Stratten, whose time in the spotlight was far too short but has had a notable impact on pop culture for decades.
If you really stan us, pick up some cool merch from the store or go on over to Patreon and become a backer. We’ll be doling out bonus eps, fun downloadables, Patreon exclusive merch, and merch discounts!
Last but not least, follow us everywhere @mostfoulpod.
We appreciate the hell out of you!
National Domestic Violence Hotline provides free and confidential support for people experiencing domestic abuse and intimate partner violence.
- Call 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE) to speak to someone in English, Spanish and 200+ through interpretation service
- TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Text START to 88788
Love Is Respect provides resources and support specifically tailored to teens.
- Dorothy Stratten – Wikipedia
- The grisly murder of BC-born Playboy Playmate Dorothy Stratten still resonates 40 years later – BC | Globalnews.ca
- Death of a Playmate – The Village Voice
- They All Laughed – Wikipedia
- THEY ALL LAUGHED | American Cinematheque
- Peter Bogdanovich & Noah Baumbach Talk ‘They All Laughed’ At Brooklyn’s BAMCinematek | IndieWire
- Peter Bogdanovich – Wikipedia
- The Killing of the Unicorn – Wikipedia
- Death of a Centerfold – Wikipedia
- Star 80 – Wikipedia
- Bryan Adams – The Best Was Yet To Come
- Cuts Like a Knife – Wikipedia
- Prism (band) – Wikipedia
- Bush (British band) – Wikipedia
- Dead Meat at OneSecondBush.com – A Comprehensive Fan Site For The Band Bush
- Californication (song) – Wikipedia