Content Warning: This episode discusses suicide and suicidal ideation. Please consider accessing one of the resources listed below, if you need support.
This week, Kirsten + Andrew head to Sacramento, California, to discuss Dorothea Puente, aka the ‘Death House Landlady!’ You won’t believe your eyes, ears, or stomachs learning about this bizarre case and the truly weird culture that it has spawned.
If you really stan us, pick up some cool merch from the store or go on over to Patreon and become a backer. We’ll be doling out bonus eps, fun downloadables, Patreon exclusive merch, and merch discounts!
Last but not least, follow us everywhere @mostfoulpod.
We appreciate the hell out of you!
Featured photo by Marisa Morton, via Unsplash.
- Dorothea Helen Gray Puente (1929-2011) – Find A Grave Memorial
- Dorothea Puente | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
- Dorothea Puente – Wikipedia
- The Life and Deaths of Dorothea Puente – Sactown Magazine
- Questions for John Seabrook | The New Yorker
- Rotting flesh, strangling and seven bodies in the back garden – the sweet grandma who became one of the most notorious serial killers in history by lacing cakes with poison
- Dorothea Puente dies at 82; boarding house operator who killed tenants – Los Angeles Times
- SN&R • Memories of murder
- Dorothea Puente’s ‘Cooking With A Serial Killer,’ Reviewed | Crime News
- In Print: Dorothea Puente’s killer cookbook – Chicago Reader
- Reddit Recipe