Content warning: This episode discusses substance abuse and eating disorders. If you are struggling with addiction or disordered eating, please proceed with care and see our Listener Resources below.
This week, Kirsten + Andrew take a look at an infamous case in Kirsten’s backyard—Newport, Rhode Island. From high-society gossip and a Harvard legal dream team to authorized and unauthorized books and an Oscar-winning film, this mysterious case has had a small but distinct impact on pop culture.
If you really stan us, pick up some cool merch from the store or go on over to Patreon and become a backer. We’ll be doling out bonus eps, fun downloadables, Patreon exclusive merch, and merch discounts!
Last but not least, follow us everywhere @mostfoulpod.
We appreciate the hell out of you!
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website has lots of resources, including a treatment finder and educational information on many related topics. If you or someone you love is in crisis, you can also call their helpline at 1-800-662-4357 (HELP).
The National Eating Disorders Association website has resources for those struggling with disordered eating. Call their helpline at 800-931-2237 or text NEDA to 741741 to access their 24-hour text line.
- Rhode Island – Wikipedia
- List of US states and territories by coastline – Wikipedia
- A Brief History of Newport
- The History of Jewish Newport, Rhode Island – One of the oldest Jewish communities in North America
- Why Do Witches Wear Pointy Hats?
- Today I Discovered The Racist Origins Of The Pointy Witch Hat
- The Breakers Mansion – Newport’s ultimate “summer cottage”
- The Breakers – Wikipedia
- It’s Sunny and Claus von Bülow’s Clarendon Court, Y’all! – Variety
- Clarendon Court – HouseHistree
- Sunny von Bülow – Wikipedia
- Sunny von Bulow Obituary (2008) – Elmira, NY – Star-Gazette
- Claus von Bülow – Wikipedia
- Reversal of Fortune movie review (1990) | Roger Ebert
- Reversal of Fortune – Wikipedia
- PULLING VICTORY OUT OF THE BLACK BAG – The New York Times