This week, Andrew + Kirsten tackle their first listener’s choice case, and, fam, it’s a doozy. Come along as they discuss the most sinister and prolific serial killer in Canadian history, how he exploited the prevalent misogyny and racism to prey on vulnerable women for years, and the cultural reverberations that continue to this day.
And to contribute to the organizations we mention in the episode visit:
Be a doll. Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts and then rate and review us at Apple Podcasts. It makes a huge difference in getting the pod noticed. And we want to be low-key famous, TBH.
If you really stan us, pick up some cool merch from the store or go on over to Patreon and become a backer. We’ll be doling out bonus eps, fun downloadables, Patreon exclusive merch, and merch discounts!
Last but not least, follow us everywhere @mostfoulpod.
We appreciate the hell out of you!
- Hope for Wellness – Call 1-855-242-3310 or chat support for Indigenous peoples.
- Sometimes things are too overwhelming to deal with alone. If you need free advice from a trained counselor, simply text the word “NATIVE” to 741741.
- StrongHearts Native Helpline: 1-844-762-8483 (7NATIVE), you can connect anonymously with a Native advocate.
- The National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center and the Coalition to Stop Violence Against Native Women fight for safety and sovereignty for Native women.
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
- Call 1-800-656-4673 to speak to someone or chat here.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Call 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) to speak to someone or chat here.
- Deaf, hard of hearing TTY and chat options here.
- En Español, llama a 1-888-628-9454.
Text HOME to 741-741.
The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance offers these and many more resources for those experiencing suicidal thoughts or other mental health crises.
The Mind Your Mind website has a long list of resources, both within Canada and internationally.
- Crisis Services Canada – Call 1-833-456-4566 anytime or text 45645 from 4 p.m. to midnight.
- Kids Help Phone – Online chat or call 1-800-668-6868 to speak to a counselor.
- List of serial killers by number of victims – Wikipedia
- Robert Pickton Chronology
- Downtown Eastside – Wikipedia
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police – Wikipedia
- Vancouver Police Department – Wikipedia
- Port Coquitlam – Wikipedia
- Cell plant of Robert William PICKTON PROJECT EVENHANDED OPERATOR
- Highway of Tears – Wikipedia
- Robert Pickton Case | The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Robert Pickton | Victims | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers
- Why I failed to catch Canada’s worst serial killer – BBC News
- Pickton trial timeline | CBC News
- Missing and murdered Indigenous women – Wikipedia
- RECLAIMING POWER AND PLACE
- Meet the Reporter Behind a New, Must-Listen Canadian Crime Podcast – FLARE
- The Facts on Violence Against American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Missing & Murdered: Finding Cleo | Podcast on Spotify
- On the Farm by Stevie Cameron: 9780676975857 | PenguinRandomHouse.com: Books
- On the Farm (TV Movie 2016)
- On the Farm | Based on the book “On the Farm” by Stevie Cameron
- Killer Pickton
- Pickton & popcorn
- Michael Slade
- Canadian serial killer’s self-published memoir reaches Amazon
- Robert Pickton Wiki
- Robert Pickton, notorious killer, pens book for sale on Amazon
Podcast: Play in new window | Download